Tuesday, June 29, 2004

General Assembly- Day 4

Did not make it to my meetings today. I had intended to attend a lunch for The Company of Pastors, sort of a national covenant group for PC(USA) pastors. Instead, I awoke at 6:00 a.m., (3:00 a.m. Pacific time, for those keeping score), and drove 50 miles north to Fredericksburg. I toured the battlefields at Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, THe Wilderness, and Spotsylvania. Some of the heaviest fighting of the Civil War was on those battlefields. At the Bloody Angle, at Spotsylvania, some 17,000 casulalties from both sides were inflicted. Moving stories.

I came back to my hotel room, and watched "Cold Mountain". The opening scene was The Crater, the massive explosion at Petersburg I saw on Friday. I enjoyed the movie, and the Civil War scenes were excellent.

Tomorrow is a long day for me. A Presbyterians for Renewal Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., followed by a Fuller Seminary Luncheon at 12:30 p.m. I am attending a presentation on The Future of Protestant Worship at 2:30, then a Presbyterian Men's Dinner at 6:00. The committees have tomorrow night off, so work will happen all day. Thursday morning sees the committee work come before the whole assembly for discussion and vote. I am assuming that the PFR update will be up in the morning, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home