Saturday, July 01, 2006

Casa Bianca

Several months ago, my good friend, Bob Ramsey, posted a review of Casa Bianca. Casa Bianca is a neighborhood pizza place in Eagle Rock, that is well known regionally.

Last night, for the first time, we ate there. Beth and the kids and I met with Mark and Karen, a couple we recently married. We had originally planned to do one of our pre-marital sessions there, but ran out of time before the wedding. So last night we did a post-marital session!

Whatever anyone has written positively about Casa Bianca is absolutely true. Mark and Karen got there around 6:45, and were told to expect to wait until 8:15. We were halfway there, they called us, so we went home for another hour. We arrived around 8:00, and our table was waiting. There was little parking, so we parked about three blocks away. And there were about 30 people waiting outside the restaurant, even at 8:00.

We entered the restaurant, and went back through a hallway past the kitchen. to a back room. We ordered the Hawaiian pizza, and one of sausage, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Think crust. We also ordered some dinner salads, and a half plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, just to sample it.

The pizzas were great! My only complaint is that the mushrooms appeared to be the canned variety, and not fresh. I was slightly disappointed, and soon realized that the sausage and pepperoni was sufficient, the mushrooms added next to nothing to the pizza. Still, the pizzas were great. We will definitely be back. Why it took us 20 years of living in the area before visiting Casa Bianca I do not know.

Casa Bianca reminds me of Vescio's, another Italian restaurant in Dinkytown, by the University of Minnesota. I wrote about Vescio's here. My first pizza was at Vescio's, and it was square. I fondly recall the sausage pizza having one sausage per square! I guess this appealed to my dad, who was a Math professor and certainly liked order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home