Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Former Intern in Cameroon

One of my former interns at Faith United Presbyterian Church, Shirley Hill, is now a PCUSA missionary in Cameroon. She has a recent post on the PCUSA Mission web site here.

She starts this way.
August 2006

Dear Friends,

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! A huge blessing has come my way in the form of a 1998 4-wheel drive Toyota Landcruiser: standard transmission, diesel fuel, dual gas tanks, and an extended back so I can actually use it as a motel when such occasions arise. God provided this blessing through the generous giving of Presbyterian Women in their annual Thank Offering. “Thank you, Presbyterian Women!” Thanks to all of you who prayed for God to help me find a car. God is faithful.

This car will greatly aid my work as an HIV/AIDS and Public Health Consultant for the Presbyterian Church in Cameroon (PCC). I have been delayed in getting to the field to see what’s going on but now I will be able to step up my program. Dr. Kohlmeyer, the acting medical officer in charge of the PCC hospital in Manyemen has been requesting a visit from me for a couple of months now. We are in the height of the rainy season and the road to Manyemen is impassible except with a large rugged off-road vehicle like the one I now have. Thankfully, I won’t have to wait until the roads dry up before making the trip to see Dr. Kohlmeyer.
Way to go, Shirley! Way to go, Presbyterian Women!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home