Friday, April 06, 2007

Gaucho, Triton, or Bruin?

Teh boy has been accepted to attend UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, and UCLA. We are really proud of him for this. Now comes the hard part. No, not paying for it, that comes later. He must choose.

Teh parents are rooting hard for UCSD, which is a smaller, more beautiful campus.

Teh boy has his heart set on UCLA, even though best friend, Ryan, was not accepted to UCLA.

Please pray for discernment for the Stochl clan on this major decision.

Oh, Berkeley said "no thanks" to Mark's application. Some of us have it and some of us don't. I would never make it into Berkeley these days, and marvel that I ever did.

Followup (5/10/2007): Mark has declared for the faded blue and gold of UCLA. Go Bruins!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
I was also a Go-Bart driver back in the day. I tell people all the time what a great job that was! Do you know where there is a photo of a Mercedes Go-Bart bus, generic or logo'ed, on the Internet? Or do you have one that you could email to me?

Thanks,
Donna

3:09 PM  
Blogger Captain GoBart said...

Donna, thank for your comments. There are some pictures of generic Mercedes D309's in my blog. Look early on in the archives. I keep looking through my old pictures.

I lived in a house owned by Tim Taylor, the administrator of the Go-Bart system, and I worked with Bernie as a mechanic on the buses in 1978-1979.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Captain GoBart said...

Mark is now a Bruin!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home